14 January 2015

Better Words......

Lots of times what others say is so much better than whatever I manage; and today I want to share someone else's much better words......

From the inspiring and provocative mind of Immortal Technique......

I haven't really spoken on this before but I will now. My father was a hard man. He was really tough on me, physical training, mental exercises, not being able to offer up unsophisticated excuses for what I did wrong. Those of you who know me personal know that the old Colonel was no joke. One day when I was a very young man he pulled me aside, and he said to me sternly, "Don't ever be a coward my son." I looked up at him confused at first, but I just listened. He said, "the definition of a coward is a man who is disrespected at the workplace, laughed at in the street, and walked over by the world. But instead of confronting those things, instead of confronting those people. He goes home and takes it out on the one person who is closest to him. That is not a warrior. That is not a man. He has not vanquished a worthy foe. He is a fuckin' coward. Don't you ever be a coward my son." My father doesn't really curse so to hear him talk like that left me with a strong impression of what it was to be a man. It is not just great strength that guides us, but great wisdom and great love. I have worked funding lots of programs and shelters over the years. Please remember, if you have a problem, you have a problem. However if you have a problem and you don't tell anyone then you have a really big problem. Talk to a friend. Tell someone you trust. Call a hotline. Remove the cancer. Peace ‪#‎ImmortalTechnique‬ ‪#‎domesticabuse‬ ‪#‎tellsomeone‬ ‪#‎warrior‬ ‪#‎father‬

No comments:

Post a Comment